parmesan fried egg carbonara
- 1¾ cups (430ml) single (pouring) cream
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 400g dried pappardelle
- 1⅓ cups (105g) finely grated parmesan
- 4 eggs
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- Place the cream and garlic in a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Bring to just below the boil, reduce the heat to low and cook for 3 minutes or until reduced slightly. Set aside and keep warm.
- Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water for 6–8 minutes or until al dente, and drain. Add the pasta to the cream mixture, toss to coat and keep warm.
- Heat a small non-stick frying pan over high heat. Sprinkle ⅓ cup (25g) of the parmesan over the base of the pan and crack 1 of the eggs on top. Cook for 3–4 minutes or until the parmesan is crisp. Set aside and keep warm. Repeat with remaining eggs and parmesan.
- Divide the pasta between bowls. Top with the parmesan fried eggs and sprinkle with salt and pepper to serve. Serves 4.
There are no comments for this entry yet.