pesto, pea and mint pasta
- 400g orecchiette
- 120g green beans, trimmed and shredded
- 100g snow peas (mange tout), trimmed
- 100g sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 300g asparagus, trimmed and chopped
- ⅓ cup (90g) store-bought pesto, plus extra, to serve
- 2 tablespoons finely shredded lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 2 cups mint leaves
- finely grated pecorino (or parmesan), to serve
- Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water for 8–10 minutes. Add the beans, snow peas, sugar snaps and asparagus and cook for a further 1–2 minutes or until the vegetables are just cooked and the pasta is al dente.
- Drain and return to the pan with the pesto, lemon zest, juice, oil, salt and pepper and toss to combine. Divide the pasta between bowls and top with the mint, and cheese and serve with the extra pesto. Serves 4.
There are no comments for this entry yet.