- 12 Granny Smith (green) apples peeled and chopped
- ⅔ cups (160ml) maple syrup
- 1 cinnamon stick
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- Place the apple, maple syrup and cinnamon in a large saucepan. Cover with a tight-fitting lid and cook, stirring occasionally, for 20–25 minutes or until the apple is soft. Discard the cinnamon stick, add salt and pepper to the apple and crush with a wooden spoon.
- Spoon into sterilised jars or clean containers and store in the refrigerator. Serve with roasted pork. Makes 3 cups.
+ You can make this apple sauce up to one week ahead.
There are no comments for this entry yet.