slow-cooked lamb with pistachio honey dressing
- 2kg lamb shoulder, bone in
- 6 cloves garlic
- ½ cup (125ml) red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup (45g) brown sugar
- rind of 1 orange
- 2 sticks cinnamon
- ½ cup (175g) honey
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- ½ cup (70g) sliced pistachios
- 2 cups flat-leaf parsley leaves, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F). Place the lamb, garlic, vinegar, sugar, orange and cinnamon in a baking tray and cover with aluminium foil. Roast for 2½ hours, remove foil and roast for a further 30 minutes until golden.
- To make the pistachio dressing, place the honey and vinegar in a bowl and mix to combine. Add the pistachio and parsley and stir to combine. Top lamb with the pistachio dressing to serve. Serves 4–6.
donna hay team
Hi Kim! The lamb should be shreddable once cooked. Enjoy!
Does this result in ‘carved’ or a ‘fall off the bone’ result?
This is a sensational recipe. I was a little nervous pouring the dressing over the meat as it tasted very sweet on its own but the result was delicious. Super moist and succulent. I served it with a herby quinoa, fetta and pomegranate salad and roasted pumpkin.