fragrant ginger rice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 x 3cm-piece (30g) fresh ginger, peeled and finely grated
- 1½ cups (300g) jasmine rice
- 3 cups (750ml) chicken stock (or broth from the white poached chicken recipe)
- micro shiso leaves (optional), to serve
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic and ginger and cook for 1–2 minutes or until fragrant. Add the rice and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add the broth and bring to the boil. Cover with a tight-fitting lid and reduce the heat to low. Cook for 10 minutes or until the rice is tender. Remove from the heat and allow to stand, covered, for 10 minutes. Place in a serving bowl and top with the micro shiso leaves to serve. Serves 4–6.
There are no comments for this entry yet.