salmon and brown rice salad
- 1 cup (200g) brown rice
- 2 cups (500ml) water
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- ¼ cup (60ml) mirin
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon finely grated ginger
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and shredded
- 200g hot-smoked salmon, flaked
- 3 green onions (scallions), shredded
- 2 cups snow pea tendrils
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- Place the rice and water in a medium saucepan over high heat. Bring to the boil, cover and reduce the heat to low. Cook for 25–30 minutes, or until the rice is tender and the water has been absorbed. While the rice is cooking, mix to combine the soy, mirin, vinegar, oil and ginger.
- Toss the rice with 1 tablespoon of the dressing and allow to cool completely. Place the rice, carrot and salmon in a large bowl and toss to combine. Divide the mixture between serving plates and top with the green onion and pea tendrils. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve with the remaining dressing. Serves 4.
Absolutely delicious! I added finely sliced red and green capsicum, as well as whole snow peas