roasted carrot and orange salad
with baba ghanoush
- 500g Dutch carrots, trimmed, cleaned and halved
- ¼ cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon finely grated orange rind
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 cup (240g) store-bought baba ghanoush
- 2 oranges, peeled and halved
- 2 cups baby (micro) sorrel leaves
- ¼ cup (35g) chopped pistachios
- ¼ cup (40g) store-bought dukkah
- Preheat oven to 220°C (425°F). Place the carrots on a large oven tray. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of the oil and sprinkle with the coriander, orange rind, salt and pepper. Toss well to coat and cook for 10 minutes. Drizzle with half the honey and cook for a further 5 minutes or until the carrots are golden and caramelised.
- While the carrots are cooking, place the remaining oil and honey, the orange juice, salt and pepper in a small bowl and whisk to combine. Spread the baba ghanoush onto 4 serving plates and top each plate with half an orange, carrots and sorrel. Sprinkle with the pistachios and dukkah and drizzle with the orange dressing to serve. Serves 4.
There are no comments for this entry yet.