whole-roasted white wine and butter cauliflower
- 1.5kg cauliflower, leaves on
- 2 cups (500ml) white wine
- 1 cup (250ml) vegetable stock
- 100g unsalted butter, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 small bunch thyme
- 8 cloves garlic, skin on
- 4 strips lemon peel
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- Preheat oven to 220°C (425°F). Place the cauliflower, wine, stock, butter, mustard, thyme, garlic, lemon, salt and pepper in a deep-sided roasting tray. Cover tightly with aluminium foil and cook, basting with the cooking liquid every 30 minutes, for 1 hour 30 minutes or until tender. Remove the foil, baste and cook for a further 15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve. Serves 6.
There are no comments for this entry yet.