whisky, marmalade and mustard glazed ham
- 1½ cups (510g) orange marmalade
- ¼ cup (70g) Dijon mustard
- ½ cup (125ml) whisky
- ½ teaspoon sea salt flakes
- 5–6kg ham leg, skin removed and trimmed, see cook’s tip, below
- cloves, to decorate
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F). Place the marmalade, mustard, whisky and salt in a saucepan over high heat and whisk to combine. Bring to the boil, reduce heat to low and cook for 5–7 minutes or until thickened slightly. Strain and set aside.
- Use a small, sharp knife to score the ham in a diamond pattern and cover the hock with aluminium foil (this will prevent it from burning). Place the ham on a lightly greased wire rack in a baking dish lined with non-stick baking paper.
- Push a clove into each diamond and brush ham with the glaze. Roast for 35–40 minutes, brushing with the glaze every 10 minutes, or until the ham is golden and caramelised. Serves 8–10.
+ Use your fingers to gently remove the skin from the ham, before using a knife to trim any excess fat.
There are no comments for this entry yet.