green beans and broccolini
with bacon-balsamic dressing
- 300g green beans, trimmed and blanched
- 2 bunches broccolini, trimmed and blanched
- 50g butter
- ¼ cup (60ml) olive oil
- 2 eschalots (French shallots), chopped
- 3 rashers bacon, trimmed and chopped
- ⅓ cup (80ml) lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- To make the bacon balsamic dressing, place the butter and oil in a medium non-stick frying pan over medium heat and stir until the butter is melted. Add the eschalots and bacon and cook for 5−7 minutes or until the bacon is golden. Add the lemon juice, vinegar, salt and pepper and cook for a further minute. Add the beans and broccolini and cook for 2−3 minutes or until warmed through. Serves 8.
There are no comments for this entry yet.