green beans with almonds, oregano and lemon
- 40g unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup (140g) slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons finely shredded lemon zest
- ½ cup oregano leaves
- 800g green beans, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- Melt the butter and oil in a large deep-sided frying pan over medium heat. Add the almonds, lemon zest and oregano. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until light golden. Add the beans and toss to combine. Cover with a tight-fitting lid and cook for a further 3 minutes, until the beans are just cooked.
- Remove from the heat, add the lemon juice, salt and pepper and toss to combine. Serves 6–8.
There are no comments for this entry yet.