coconut, oat and chia muesli bars
- ⅓ cup (80ml) coconut oil
- ⅔ cup (240g) honey
- ¼ cup (45g) brown sugar
- 2 cups (180g) rolled oats
- 1 cup (75g) shredded coconut
- 1 cup (160g) natural almonds, chopped
- ¼ cup (45g) black chia seeds+
- ½ cup (75g) pitted dried dates, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Place the coconut oil, honey and sugar in a small saucepan over low heat and cook, stirring, for 3–4 minutes or until melted and combined.
- Pour into a large bowl and add the oats, coconut, almonds, chia seeds, dates and cinnamon and mix well to combine.
- Spoon into a lightly greased 20cm x 30cm slice tin lined with non-stick baking paper. Flatten the mixture using the back of a spoon. Bake for 25 minutes or until dark golden. Set aside to cool completely.
- Lift the slice from the tin and cut into bars to serve. Makes 14.
Tip: Store the bars in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
+ You can find black chia seeds at most supermarkets in the health food aisle or in health food stores.
There are no comments for this entry yet.