iceberg salad with
crispy maple-glazed prosciutto
- 8 slices prosciutto
- ⅓ cup (80ml) maple syrup
- ½ cup (125ml) buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons white balsamic vinegar
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, cut into wedges
- finely grated parmesan, to serve
- Preheat oven to 160°C (325°F). Place the prosciutto on two baking trays lined with non-stick baking paper. Brush the prosciutto with the maple syrup and roast for 15 minutes or until golden and crisp. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Place the buttermilk, mustard, vinegar, salt and pepper in a bowl and mix to combine. Arrange the lettuce wedges in a large bowl and top with the prosciutto.
- Drizzle with half the dressing, sprinkle with the parmesan and serve with the remaining dressing. Serves 6–8.
There are no comments for this entry yet.