banana layer cake with cream cheese icing
- 2 packets Wholesome Banana Bread
- 3 cups medium ripe bananas (about 8 bananas), mashed
- 1⅓ cup (330ml) light olive oil
- 4 eggs
cream cheese icing
- 750g cold cream cheese, chopped
- ¾ cup (240g) firm ricotta
- 1 cup (160g) icing (confectioner’s) sugar, sifted
- ¼ cup (60ml) lemon juice
- 3 teapoons vanilla bean paste
each packet contains:
- cake mix
- Place the packet mixes into a large bowl and make a well in the centre. Add the banana, oil and eggs and mix to combine. Divide the mixture between 2 lightly greased 20cm round cake tins lined with non-stick baking paper.
- Bake for 1 hour 15 minutes–1 hour 30 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer. Set aside in the tin to cool for 10–15 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make the cream cheese icing, place the cream cheese, ricotta, icing sugar, lemon juice and vanilla bean paste in a food processor and process, scraping the sides with a spatula, for 3 minutes or until smooth. Set aside until needed.
- To assemble the cake, trim the top of the cakes and discard. Halve each cake horizontally to make 4 even layers. Place the bottom layer on a cake stand and, using a palette knife, spread with I cup of the icing. Repeat with the remaining cake layers and icing, finishing with a layer of icing. Serves 20–24.
There are no comments for this entry yet.