steak with caramelised onion, roast potato and watercress
- 500g kipfler (waxy) potatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup sage leaves
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 2 x 200g scotch fillet steaks, trimmed
- ¼ cup (60g) sour cream
- 1 tablespoon grated horseradish
- 2 cups watercress sprigs
- ½ cup caramelised onion
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Place the potato, 1 tablespoon of the oil, sage, salt and pepper in a bowl and mix to combine. Place on an oven tray and cook for 20–25 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Heat the remaining oil a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Sprinkle the steaks with salt and pepper and cook, in batches, for 2–3 minutes each side for medium, or until cooked to your liking.
- Mix the sour cream and horseradish in a small bowl and set aside. Serve the steaks with the potato, sage, watercress and sour cream mixture, and top with caramelised onion. Serves 2.
There are no comments for this entry yet.