sticky date pudding
- 1 ½ cup (210g) chopped pitted dates
- 1 cup (250ml) boiling water
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of (baking) soda
- 100g butter, chopped
- ¾ cup (135g) brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (150g) self-raising (self-rising) flour
- double (thick) cream
- 150g butter, chopped
- 1 cup (250ml) single (pouring) cream
- 1 ½ cup (265g) brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 180ºC (355ºF). Place the dates, water and bicarbonate of soda in a bowl and allow to stand for 5 minutes. Place the date mixture in the bowl of a food processor with the butter and sugar and process until well combined. Add the eggs and flour and process until just combined. Pour into a lightly greased 26cm x 16cm tin lined with non-stick baking paper.
- Bake for 30–35 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer. Cool in the tin for 10 minutes. Cut into squares.To make the toffee sauce, place butter, cream and sugar in a saucepan over medium heat and stir until butter is melted. Bring to the boil and cook for 5 minutes or until thickened slightly. Spoon over puddings and top with cream. Serves 6.
There are no comments for this entry yet.