- 2 cups (180g) rolled oats
- 1 cup (150g) plain (all-purpose) flour
- ⅔ cup (150g) caster (superfine) sugar
- ¾ cup (60g) desiccated coconut
- ⅓ cup (115g) golden syrup
- 125g unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of (baking) soda
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- Preheat oven to 160°C (325°F). Place the oats, flour, sugar and coconut in a bowl and mix to combine.
- Place the golden syrup and butter in a saucepan over low heat and cook, stirring, until melted. Combine the bicarbonate of soda with the water and add to the butter mixture. Pour into the oat mixture and mix well to combine.
- Place tablespoonfuls of the mixture onto baking trays lined with non-stick baking paper and flatten to 7cm rounds, allowing room to spread. Bake for 8–10 minutes or until deep golden. Allow to cool on baking trays for 5 minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely. Makes 35.
There are no comments for this entry yet.