basic chocolate cake
- 2½ cups (375g) plain (all-purpose) flour, sifted
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1¾ cups (385g) caster (superfine) sugar
- 250g butter, melted
- 4 eggs
- 1¾ cups (430ml) milk
- ½ cup (50g) cocoa, sifted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 160°C (325°F). Place the flour, baking powder, sugar, butter, eggs, milk, cocoa and vanilla in a large bowl and mix until well combined.
- Pour into a lightly greased tin of preferred size lined with non-stick baking paper and bake for specified time (see tin variations below) or until cooked when tested with a skewer. Cool in tin for 5 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
+ 22cm (8½ in) square tin – bake for 1 hour and 10-15 minutes.
+ 20 x 30cm (7¾ x 12 in) slab tin – bake for 40-50 minutes.
+ 18cm round tin - bake for 1 hour and 25 minutes
There are no comments for this entry yet.