- 200g dark chocolate, chopped
- 250g butter, chopped
- 1¾ cups (310g) brown sugar
- 4 eggs
⅓ cup (35g) cocoa powder, sifted
- 1¼ cups (185g) plain (all-purpose) flour, sifted
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 160°C (325ºF). Place the chocolate and butter in a saucepan over low heat and stir until smooth. Allow to cool slightly.
- Place the sugar, eggs, cocoa, flour and baking powder in a bowl. Add the chocolate mixture and mix until combined. Pour into a 20cm-square slice tin lined with non-stick baking paper. Bake for 50 minutes or until an inserted skewer withdraws clean. Allow to cool slightly in the tin before slicing. Serve warm or cold. Makes 16 slices.
Best brownie recipe ever! It’s so good I’m now famous among my friends for my brownie. I like to add walnuts to mine though. Once you try this recipe you will never need to look at another brownie recipe again!