with chocolate ganache icing
- 1½ cups self-raising (self-rising) flour, sifted
- ¾ cup (165g) caster (superfine) sugar
- 125g unsalted butter, softened and chopped
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup (80ml) milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup (25g) shredded coconut (to sprinkle on top)
chocolate ganache icing
- 250g sour cream
- 200g dark chocolate, melted
- Preheat oven to 160°C (325°F). Place the flour, sugar, butter, eggs, milk and vanilla in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat on medium speed for 6 minutes or until pale and smooth.
- Spoon the mixture into 12 x ½-cup-capacity (125ml) cupcake tins lined with paper cases. Bake for 22–25 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer. Place on a wire rack to cool completely.
- While the cupcakes are cooking, make the chocolate
ganache icing. Place the sour cream and chocolate in a large bowl and mix until smooth. Set aside at room temperature for 30 minutes or until cool and thickened.
- Using a palette knife, spread the icing over the cupcakes and sprinkle with coconut before serving. Makes 12.
There are no comments for this entry yet.