- 3 eggs
- 2 egg yolks, extra
- 1 cup (220g) caster (superfine) sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups (500ml) single (pouring) cream
- 100g store-bought honeycomb, chopped
- ice-cream cones, to serve
- Place the eggs, extra yolks, sugar and vanilla in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water and, using a hand-held electric mixer, beat for 6–8 minutes or until pale and thick. Remove from the heat and beat for a further 6–8 minutes or until cooled.
- Whisk the cream until soft peaks form. Gently fold the cream through the egg mixture until well combined. Fold through the honeycomb. Pour into a 2 litre-capacity metal tin and freeze for 6 hours or overnight. Spoon into cones to serve. Makes 2 litres.
There are no comments for this entry yet.