mint chocolate cookie crush semifreddo
- 3 eggs
- 2 egg yolks, extra
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (220g) caster (superfine) sugar
- 2 cups (500ml) single (pouring) cream
- 1 cup crushed boiled mint
- 150g chocolate cookies, crushed+
- green food colouring
- Place the eggs, extra yolks, vanilla and sugar in a heatproof bowl. Place over a saucepan of simmering water and, using a hand-held electric mixer, beat for 6–8 minutes or until thick and pale. Remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Whisk the cream until stiff peaks form. Gently fold through the egg mixture until well combined. Fold through the lollies, cookies and a few drops of colouring.
- Pour into a 2 litre-capacity metal tin and freeze for 6 hours or overnight. Makes 2 litres.
+ To crush the lollies and cookies, place in a tea towel and lightly crush with a rolling pin.
There are no comments for this entry yet.