baked rice pudding
- ½ cup arborio rice
- 1 litre milk
- 1 vanilla bean, split and seeds scraped
- 2 tablespoons caster (superfine) sugar
- 4 pieces lemon peel
- 20g buttter, chopped
- 1 tablespoon caster (superfine)
- sugar, extra
- double (thick) cream, to serve
- Preheat oven to 160ºC (320ºF). Place the rice in the base of a 7 cup-capacity (1.75 litre) shallow ovenproof dish. Combine the milk, vanilla bean and seeds, sugar and lemon peel, pour over the rice and stir to combine. Cover with aluminium foil and place on a baking tray.
- Bake for 1 hour, remove the foil and stir. Bake, uncovered, for a further 30 minutes.
- Top with the butter, sprinkle with the extra sugar and bake for 10–15 minutes or until the top is golden. Serve with the cream. Serves 6.
There are no comments for this entry yet.