self-saucing chocolate puddings
- ½ cup (75g) plain flour
- 1 ½ tablespoon hazelnut meal
- ¼ cup (45g) brown sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 3 ½ tablespoons cocoa powder, sifted
- ½ cup (125ml) milk
- 35g butter, melted
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup (90g) brown sugar, extra
- 1 cup (250ml) boiling water
- Preheat oven to 180°C (355°F). Sift the flour, hazelnut meal, sugar, baking powder and 2 tablespoons of cocoa into a bowl. Add the milk, butter, egg and vanilla and mix well to combine.
- Spoon into 4 x 1 cup-capacity (250ml) oven-proof dishes and place on a baking tray.
- Place the extra sugar and remaining cocoa in a bowl and mix to combine. Sprinkle over the puddings and pour over the water. Bake for 12–15 minutes or until the tops are firm.
This is a favourite recipe of ours. I often play around with it, experimenting with different nut meals or using a liqueur such as frangelico instead of the vanilla. It’s always delicious and we recently discovered they even work well reheated from the fridge.
Super easy and really yummy!!!!