self-saucing chocolate puddings
- ½ cup (75g) plain flour
- 1 ½ tablespoon hazelnut meal
- ¼ cup (45g) brown sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 3 ½ tablespoons cocoa powder, sifted
- ½ cup (125ml) milk
- 35g butter, melted
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup (90g) brown sugar, extra
- 1 cup (250ml) boiling water
- Preheat oven to 180°C (355°F). Sift the flour, hazelnut meal, sugar, baking powder and 2 tablespoons of cocoa into a bowl. Add the milk, butter, egg and vanilla and mix well to combine.
- Spoon into 4 x 1 cup-capacity (250ml) oven-proof dishes and place on a baking tray.
- Place the extra sugar and remaining cocoa in a bowl and mix to combine. Sprinkle over the puddings and pour over the water. Bake for 12–15 minutes or until the tops are firm.
There are no comments for this entry yet.