tofu and pumpkin laksa
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- ⅔ cup (185g) store-bought laksa paste
- 2 cups (500ml) chicken stock
- 2 x 400ml cans coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 800g pumpkin, peeled and sliced
- 400g broccolini, trimmed and chopped
- 250g dried vermicelli noodles, cooked
- 300g silken tofu, sliced
- 4 green onions (scallions), thinly sliced
- 1 cup coriander (cilantro) leaves
- 2 long red chillies, sliced
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over high heat. Add the laksa paste and cook for 1 minute. Add the stock, coconut milk and fish sauce and bring to the boil. Add the pumpkin and cook for 12 minutes or until tender. Add the broccolini and cook for a further 2 minutes or until tender.
- Divide the noodles between bowls and spoon over the soup. Top with the tofu, green onion, coriander and chilli to serve. Serves 4.
There are no comments for this entry yet.