baked sweet potato
with broad beans, labne and rye crumbs
- 1kg rock salt
- 4 small sweet potatoes (kumara)
- 200g rye bread, crusts removed, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 335g tub store-bought labne (yoghurt cheese)
- 2 cups (240g) broad beans, peeled and blanched
- snow pea (mange tout) tendrils, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F). Spread the salt, in a single layer, on a large oven tray. Place the sweet potatoes on top and cook for 30–40 minutes or until tender and the skin is dry.
- To make the rye crumbs, place the bread in a food processor and process until fine crumbs are formed. Place the crumbs in a large bowl and add 2 tablespoons of the oil, the garlic, salt and pepper and mix well to combine. Place on a large oven tray and cook for 5–6 minutes or until golden and crisp. Set aside.
- Carefully peel the skin away from the sweet potatoes and discard. Place each sweet potato on a serving plate. Top with the labne and broad beans and sprinkle with salt, pepper, rye crumbs and snow pea tendrils. Drizzle with remaining oil to serve. Serves 4.
There are no comments for this entry yet.