plum and quinoa muffins
- 1 cup (190g) cooked white quinoa, cooled+
- 2 cups (320g) wholemeal self-raising flour
- ½ cup (110g) raw sugar
- 1 teaspoon mixed spice
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1½ cups (420g) natural Greek-style yoghurt
- ⅓ cup (80ml) light olive oil
- 3 eggs, lightly whisked
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 plums, cut into thin wedges
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Place the quinoa, flour, sugar, mixed spice and baking powder in a large bowl and mix to combine.
- Add the yoghurt, oil, eggs and vanilla and mix until just combined. Divide the mixture between a 12 x ½-cup-capacity (125ml) lightly greased muffin tin and top with the plum.
- Cook for 20 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer. Allow to cool for 5 minutes in the tin before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely. Makes 12.
+ To cook the quinoa, place ⅓ cup (70g) white quinoa in a small saucepan with ¾ cup (180ml) water. Bring to the boil, cover with a lid, reduce heat to low and cook for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside for 5 minutes.
There are no comments for this entry yet.