preserved lemon and oregano roast chicken
- 50g unsalted butter, softened, plus extra, to rub
- ⅓ cup oregano leaves, finely chopped
- half a preserved lemon, flesh removed and finely chopped
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 1 x 1.8kg whole chicken
- 1kg baby (chat) potatoes, halved
4 sprigs oregano, extra
- 1 cup (250ml) chicken stock
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F). Mix to combine the butter, oregano, preserved lemon, salt and pepper and set aside. Carefully loosen the chicken skin with your fingers and push the butter mixture under the skin.
- Rub the chicken with the extra butter, sprinkle with salt and pepper and place in a large, lightly greased roasting pan.
- Add the potatoes, oregano sprigs and stock to the pan and roast for 1 hour–1 hour 10 minutes or until the chicken and potatoes are golden and cooked through. Serves 4.
There are no comments for this entry yet.