roasted capsicum and sundried tomato pesto pasta
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup (150g) semi-sundried tomatoes, drained
- ½ cup (120g) chargrilled capsicum (bell peppers), drained
- ½ cup (80g) toasted pine nuts
- ½ cup (15g) finely grated parmesan
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ teaspoon dried chilli flakes, plus extra to serve
- 1 teaspoon pink peppercorns, plus extra to serve
- sea salt flakes
- 300g fresh capsicum fettuccine (see cook’s note, opposite page)
- 1 cup (240g) ricotta, to serve
- Place the oil, tomato, capsicum, pine nuts, parmesan, garlic, chilli, peppercorns and salt in a food processor
and process until combined.
- Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water for 3 minutes or until al dente. Drain, reserving ½ cup (125ml) of the cooking water. Return the pasta to the saucepan, add the pesto and reserved cooking water and toss to combine.
- Divide the pasta between bowls and top with the ricotta, extra chilli flakes and extra peppercorns to serve. Serves 4.
There are no comments for this entry yet.