spinach and ricotta cannelloni
- 3 cups (840g) tomato puree (passata)
- 1 cup (250ml) water
- 5 fresh lasagne sheets, cut into 15cm x 12cm rectangles
- ½ cup (15g) finely grated parmesan
- ½ cup (50g) grated mozzarella
- basil leaves, to serve
- 2 bunches (1kg) English spinach, trimmed
- 3½ cups (840g) fresh ricotta
- 1 cup (35g) finely grated parmesan
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon chopped dill
- ½ cup (35g) fresh white breadcrumbs
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- Place the spinach, ricotta, parmesan, parsley, garlic, lemon, dill, breadcrumbs, salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine.
- Place the tomato puree and water in a second large bowl and mix to combine.
- Spread half of the tomato mixture over the base of a greased 20cm x 30cm ovenproof dish.
- Lay a lasagne sheet on a flat surface, top with ¼ cupful of the ricotta filling along the centre and roll. Place in the baking dish, seam-side down. Repeat with the remaining sheets and filling.
- Pour the remaining tomato mixture over the cannelloni, sprinkle with the parmesan and mozzarella and cook for 25–30 minutes at 180 degrees, or until golden and cooked through.
- Top with the basil leaves to serve. Serves 4–6.
donna hay team
Hi Lucind, preheat your oven to 180°C (400°F). Happy cooking!
Any idea what temp to cook this on?