white pepper grilled chicken
- 1 tablespoon white peppercorns
- 2 teaspoons sea salt flakes
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 4 x 200g chicken breast fillets, bone in, skin on
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 cups flat-leaf parsley leaves, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons salted capers, rinsed
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F). To make the parsley salad, mix to combine the vinegar, honey and oil. Place the parsley, capers and cucumber in a bowl and toss to combine. Set both aside. Preheat a barbecue or char-grill pan over medium-low heat.
- Place the peppercorns, salt and fennel seeds into a mortar and grind with a pestle until the mixture is a rough powder. Score the chicken skin at regular intervals, brush with oil and sprinkle with the white pepper mixture. Cook the chicken for 5 minutes each side or until golden.
- Transfer to a baking tray, skin-side up, and roast for 15–20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Serve with the parsley salad and dressing. Serves 4.
There are no comments for this entry yet.