yoghurt and passionfruit syrup cake
- 150g butter, softened
- 1 cup (220g) caster (superfine) sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup thick Greek-style natural yoghurt
- 2 cups (300g) self-raising flour, sifted
- 1 cup (250ml) passionfruit pulp
- ½ cup (125ml) water
- ½ cup (110g) caster (superfine) sugar
- Preheat the oven to 160ºC (320ºF). To make the passionfruit syrup, place passionfruit pulp, water and sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat and stir until sugar is dissolved. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat to low and cook for 10–15 minutes or until syrupy. Set aside.
- Place the butter, sugar and vanilla in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat for 10–15 minutes or until pale and creamy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add yoghurt and beat until well combined. Fold through flour. Spoon mixture into a lightly greased 24cm bundt tin+ and bake for 35 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer. Remove cake from the tin and place on a serving plate. Spike all over with a thin skewer, drizzle cake with syrup and serve while still warm. Serves 8.
+ A bundt tin is a round, fluted cake tin with a hole in the centre.
There are no comments for this entry yet.