baked sweet potato
with broad beans, labne and rye crumbs
- 1kg rock salt
- 4 small sweet potatoes (kumara)
- 200g rye bread, crusts removed, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 335g tub store-bought labne (yoghurt cheese)
- 2 cups (240g) broad beans, peeled and blanched
- snow pea (mange tout) tendrils, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F). Spread the salt, in a single layer, on a large oven tray. Place the sweet potatoes on top and cook for 30–40 minutes or until tender and the skin is dry.
- To make the rye crumbs, place the bread in a food processor and process until fine crumbs are formed. Place the crumbs in a large bowl and add 2 tablespoons of the oil, the garlic, salt and pepper and mix well to combine. Place on a large oven tray and cook for 5–6 minutes or until golden and crisp. Set aside.
- Carefully peel the skin away from the sweet potatoes and discard. Place each sweet potato on a serving plate. Top with the labne and broad beans and sprinkle with salt, pepper, rye crumbs and snow pea tendrils. Drizzle with remaining oil to serve. Serves 4
There are no comments for this entry yet.