blueberry, banana and quinoa pancakes
- 1½ cups mashed banana (about 4 bananas)
- ⅓ cup (35g) quinoa flakes
- 2 tablespoons white chia seeds
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
- ⅓ cup (50g) buckwheat flour
- 125g blueberries, plus extra to serve
- 1 tablespoon light-flavoured extra virgin olive oil
- natural Greek-style (thick) yoghurt and maple syrup, to serve
- Place the banana, quinoa, chia, eggs, vanilla, baking powder, sugar, lemon rind, flour and blueberries in a large bowl and mix to combine.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over low heat and brush with a little of the oil. In batches, cook ¼-cups of the pancake mixture for 4 minutes each side or until golden and cooked through, adding the remaining oil as needed.
- Divide the pancakes between plates and top with yoghurt, extra blueberries and maple syrup to serve. Serves 4.
A great recipe if you are after a healthier pancake. I halved the recipe to yield 4. One large egg was sufficient for binding. Lightly toast the quinoa flakes to remove bitterness. Orange rind was an acceptable swap for lemon, as was jaggery for coconut sugar producing a darker batter. Thank you Team DH!