asian-style chicken noodle soup
- 2 cups (500ml) hot water
- 2 litres hot chicken stock
- 3 star-anise
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 long red chilli, halved
- 1 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1kg chicken breast fillets, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 2 bunches broccolini, trimmed and halved
- 200g cellophane (bean thread) noodles
- micro (baby) coriander (cilantro) leaves, to serve
- Place the water, stock, star-anise, cinnamon, ginger, garlic, chilli and oyster sauce in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cover and bring to the boil. Strain the soup, discarding solids.
- Add the chicken and broccolini. Cook for 1 minute or until the chicken is just cooked through. Add the noodles and cook for 1 minute. Divide the soup between bowls and top with the coriander to serve. Serves 4.
Delicious soup with lots of flavour!
Delicious and so easy. You can make it your own by adding different things like mushrooms or fresh herbs. Thanks, Donna!
Absolutely delicious. Very easy to prepare.