flourless salted caramel slice
- 1 carton Flourless Chocolate Fudge Cake
- 185g unsalted butter
- 4 eggs
- 240g jar dulce de leche caramel (or thick caramel)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt flakes
- Preheat oven to 160C (325F). Lightly grease a 20cm x 30cm slice tin, line with non-stick baking paper and set aside. Following the packet instructions, place the chocolate chunks and butter in a small saucepan over low heat and stir until smooth.
- Place the chocolate mixture in a large bowl and set aside to cool slightly. Add the eggs to the chocolate mixture and, using an electric mixer, whisk on medium speed for 5 minutes or until light and fluffy.
- Pour over the cake mix and beat on medium speed for 3 minutes. Spoon into the tin, smoothing the top with a palette knife. Bake for 25–30 minutes or until just set and dry to the touch. Set aside to cool completely in the tin.
- Once cool, remove the cake from the tin, spread with dulce de leche and sprinkle over the salt. Serve. Serves 16.
There are no comments for this entry yet.