raspberry banana upside-down cake
- 1 packet Donna Hay Wholesome Banana Bread cake mix
- 750g frozen raspberries, thawed on paper towel
- ⅓ cup (75g) caster sugar
- 1½ cups mashed ripe bananas (about 4 bananas)
- ⅔ cup (160ml) light-flavoured extra virgin olive oil
- 2 eggs
each packet contains:
- 1 sachet cake mix
- Preheat oven to 160°C (325°F). Line a lightly greased 22cm round cake tin with non-stick baking paper. Layer the raspberries over the base of the tin to form 2 layers. Sprinkle with the sugar and set aside.
- Following the packet mix instructions, mix the baking mix with the banana, oil and eggs to make the wholesome banana bread batter. Pour the mixture over the raspberries. Bake for 1 hour 10 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer.
- Set aside to cool in the refrigerator for 2 hours or until cool. Carefully turn out onto a rimmed plate to serve (juice will run from the cake). Serves 10–12
Photography: William Meppem
There are no comments for this entry yet.