gingerbread men garland
- 125g unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup (90g) brown sugar
- ⅔ cup (230g) golden syrup
- 2½ cups (375g) plain (all-purpose) flour, sifted
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of (baking) soda
- Preheat oven to 160°C (325°F). Place the butter and sugar in an electric mixer and beat for 8–10 minutes, scraping down the sides of the bowl, until pale and creamy. Add the golden syrup, flour, ginger and bicarbonate of soda and beat until the mixture just comes together to form a smooth dough. Roll the dough out between 2 sheets of non-stick baking paper to 4mm thick and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Using a small gingerbread man cookie cutter, cut out 32 shapes, re-rolling the dough as necessary. Place on 2 large baking trays lined with non-stick baking paper. Using the tip of a 6mm-round nozzle, cut two holes from each gingerbread man and bake for 6–8 minutes or until golden. Turn off the oven and allow to cool completely. Thread the gingerbread men onto a length of ribbon and tie the ends. Makes 32
+ Store the gingerbread men in an airtight container for 2–3 days and hang them on Christmas eve.
There are no comments for this entry yet.