- 3 eggs
- 2 egg yolks, extra
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (220g) caster (superfine) sugar
- 500g frozen raspberries
- 1¾ cups (435ml) pouring (single) cream
- Place the eggs, egg yolks, vanilla and sugar in a heatproof bowl. Place over a saucepan of simmering water and whisk the mixture with a hand-held beater for 4−5 minutes or until heated, thick and pale. Remove from the heat and whisk until cool.
- Lightly crush or break up the raspberries and gently fold through the egg mixture. Set aside.
- Whisk the cream until soft peaks form. Gently fold the egg mixture into the cream until just combined.
- Wrap a piece of baking paper around 6 x 1 cup-capacity (250ml) serving glasses, making sure it stands at least 1cm above the rim. Secure with sticky tape.
- Spoon the mixture into glasses and freeze for 4−6 hours or until firm. Remove the paper to serve. Serves 6.
There are no comments for this entry yet.