sesame and black bean beef
- ½ cup (125ml) store-bought black bean sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- ½ cup (125ml) beef stock
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 3cm piece (15g) fresh ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
- 600g beef rump steak, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 350g snake beans, trimmed
- 2 carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
- toasted sesame seeds and coriander (cilantro) leaves, to serve
- Place the black bean sauce, sesame oil and stock in a bowl and mix to combine. Set aside.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large wok or non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add the garlic and ginger and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until golden. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside. Add the beef and cook, in batches, for 2 minutes or until browned. Add the black bean sauce and beans and cook for 3 minutes or until tender.
- Top with the carrot, crispy garlic and ginger, sesame seeds and coriander leaves to serve. Serves 4
There are no comments for this entry yet.