steak with caramelised onion, roast potato and watercress
- 500g kipfler (waxy) potatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup sage leaves
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 2 x 200g scotch fillet steaks, trimmed
- ¼ cup (60g) sour cream
- 1 tablespoon grated horseradish
- 2 cups watercress sprigs
- ½ cup caramelised onion
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Place the potato, 1 tablespoon of the oil, sage, salt and pepper in a bowl and mix to combine. Place on an oven tray and cook for 20–25 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Heat the remaining oil a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Sprinkle the steaks with salt and pepper and cook, in batches, for 2–3 minutes each side for medium, or until cooked to your liking.
- Mix the sour cream and horseradish in a small bowl and set aside. Serve the steaks with the potato, sage, watercress and sour cream mixture, and top with caramelised onion. Serves 2
There are no comments for this entry yet.