caramelised onion and olive pasta
- 400g casarecce pasta
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 210g jar store-bought caramelised onion relish
- 6 anchovies in oil, drained and finely chopped, optional
- ½ teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- ½ cup (90g) mixed olives+
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- baby (micro) mint leaves, to serve
- finely grated parmesan, to serve
- Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water for 8–10 minutes or until al dente. Drain, reserving ½ cup (125ml) of the cooking liquid, and set aside.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat the oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add the onion relish, anchovy, chilli, olives, salt and pepper and cook, stirring, for 4 minutes.
- Add the vinegar, reserved cooking liquid and pasta and cook for 1 minute or until heated through. Sprinkle with mint leaves and parmesan to serve. Serves 4.
+ We used a mixture of kalamata and wild olives.
This recipe is just superb. I have made it three times and our family and guests love it. Thanks Donna. A restaurant quality recipe done at home. Five Stars