cheat’s onion and chicken biriyani
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup (200g) long-grain rice
- 1½ cups (375ml) water
- ¼ cup (75g) korma curry paste
- ¼ cup (70g) store-bought caramelised onion
- 2 cups (320g) shredded barbecue chicken, warmed
- 1 long green chilli, thinly sliced
- micro (baby) coriander (cilantro) and lime pickle, to serve
- Heat the oil in a large heavy-based saucepan over medium heat. Add the rice and stir to combine. Add the water, curry paste and onion, and bring to the boil, stirring occasionally. Cover with a tight-fitting lid, reduce the heat to low and cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and set aside, covered, for 5 minutes. Fluff the rice with a fork and top with the chicken and chilli. Serve with coriander and lime pickle. Serves 4.
Loved this! Swapped out the BBQ Chicken for diced chicken thigh that I added with the rice. Will add peas at the end next time too.