chicken satay skewers
- ½ cup (125ml) coconut milk
- 1 cup (150g) cashew nuts
- ½ teaspoon grated ginger
- ½ teaspoon fish sauce
- ½ teaspoon chilli flakes
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 3 x 200g chicken breast fillets, trimmed and sliced
- 12 bamboo skewers, soaked and drained
- ¼ cup (60ml) vegetable oil
- lime wedges, to serve
- Place the coconut milk, cashews, ginger, fish sauce, chilli and soy in a small food processor and process until well combined.
- Place the chicken in a bowl, add the coconut milk mixture and toss to coat. Cover and marinate in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Thread the chicken onto the skewers. Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat.
- Add 1 tablespoon of oil and cook the skewers, in batches, for 2−3 minutes each side or until cooked through. Serves 4.
There are no comments for this entry yet.