crumbed chilli chicken with winter slaw
- 4 x 130g chicken thigh fillets
- 2 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- ½ teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- ¼ cup vegetable oil, for shallow frying
- lemon wedges, to serve
- 200g green beans, blanched and thinly sliced
- 1 fennel bulb, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 150g cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 ½ tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- To make the winter slaw, place the green beans, fennel, cabbage, oil and vinegar in a large bowl and toss to combine. Set aside.
- Using a meat mallet, flatten out the chicken to 5mm (¼ in) thick. Combine the breadcrumbs, chilli, salt and pepper. Press the chicken into the breadcrumb mixture to coat. Heat 1cm (½ in) of oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat and shallow-fry the chicken for 3 minutes each side or until golden and cooked through. Serve with the winter slaw and lemon. Serves 4.
There are no comments for this entry yet.