Mint and chilli lamb sausage rolls
- ½ cup (35g) panko (Japanese) breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup (60ml) milk
- 500g lamb mince
- 3 teaspoons dried mint, plus extra for sprinkling
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- ¼ teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon sea salt flakes, plus extra for sprinkling
- ½ teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1½ sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- store-bought tzatziki, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F). Place the breadcrumbs and milk in a large bowl and mix to combine. Set aside for 5 minutes. Add the lamb, mint, lemon, chilli, egg yolk, salt and pepper and mix to combine.
- Cut the pastry into 3 x 12cm x 25cm rectangles. Divide the mince mixture between the pastry sheets and roll to enclose. Cut each roll into quarters and place, seam-side down, on a large baking tray lined with non-stick baking paper.
- Brush each with the beaten egg and sprinkle with the extra mint and salt. Bake for 25–28 minutes or until the pastry is puffed and golden and the mince is cooked through. Serve with the tzatziki. Makes 12.
There are no comments for this entry yet.