with miso mushroom sauce and sesame kale
- 100g kale leaves, stalks removed, torn
- 1 teaspoon white sesame seeds
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- ¼ cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 x 400g pork fillets (tenderloins), trimmed
- 200g mixed mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon white miso paste
- 1 tablespoon mirin (Japanese rice wine)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- ½ cup (125ml) water
- 1 cup (250ml) single (pouring) cream
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F). Place the kale, sesame seeds, salt, pepper and 1 tablespoon of the oil in a medium bowl and toss to combine. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Sprinkle the pork with salt and pepper and cook, turning halfway, for 6 minutes or until browned all over. Transfer the pork to an oven tray, add the sesame kale and cook for 5 minutes or until kale is crispy and pork is cooked through.
- While the pork and kale are cooking, wipe the pan clean with paper towel, add the remaining oil and place over high heat. Add the mushroom and cook for 6 minutes or until golden. Add the miso, mirin, sesame oil, water and cream and cook for 4 minutes or until the sauce is reduced.
- Slice the pork, top with the miso mushroom sauce, sprinkle with pepper and serve with the sesame kale. Serves 4
Photography: Chris Court
There are no comments for this entry yet.