ricotta, pea and prosciutto skillet lasagnes
- 2 cups (280g) frozen baby peas, thawed
- 1½ cups (360g) firm light ricotta+
- ¼ cup (60ml) milk
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon rind
- 1½ teaspoons sea salt flakes
- cracked black pepper
- 8 green lentil lasagne sheets++
- 100g cavolo nero (Tuscan kale), trimmed
- 4 slices prosciutto
- ¼ cup mint leaves
- extra virgin olive oil, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F). Place the peas in a large bowl and use a fork to roughly crush. Set aside.
- Place the ricotta, milk, lemon rind, salt and pepper in a large bowl and stir well to combine.
- Cook the lasagne sheets in a large saucepan of salted boiling water for 4–5 minutes or until partially cooked. Set aside.
- Place 2 lasagne sheets in the base of a 2-cup-capacity (500ml) skillet. Top with one-quarter of the cavolo nero, one-quarter of the ricotta mixture, and one-quarter of the peas. Repeat once more and top with 2 slices of prosciutto. Repeat with a second skillet and the remaining ingredients.
- Place the skillets on an oven tray and cook for 15–20 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Top with the mint and drizzle with oil to serve. Serves 4
+ You can find firm light ricotta in the deli section of the supermarket.
+ + You can find green lentil lasagne sheets at health food stores or substitute with another type of lasagne sheets.
There are no comments for this entry yet.