shaoxing and chilli caramel lamb racks
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 x 800g (8-bone) lamb racks, trimmed
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- ¾ cup (180ml) Shaoxing (Chinese cooking wine)
- ½ cup (110g) caster sugar
- 1 long red chilli, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- steamed Asian greens, Thai basil and micro (baby) lemon balm, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F). Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Sprinkle the lamb with salt and pepper. Add the lamb to the frying pan and cook for 4 minutes. Transfer to an oven tray and cook for 12–15 minutes for medium or until cooked to your liking.
- While the lamb is cooking, place the Shaoxing, sugar, chilli and garlic in a small saucepan over high heat and bring to the boil. Cook for 10 minutes or until syrupy and thickened. Drizzle the lamb with the chilli caramel sauce.
- Serve with Asian greens, basil and lemon balm. Serves 4
There are no comments for this entry yet.