tomato, basil, olive and chorizo tarts
- 2 sheets frozen butter puff pastry+, thawed
- ½ cup (120g) ricotta
- ¼ cup (25g) grated mozzarella
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 200g firm air-dried chorizo, cases removed, finely chopped
- 250g cherry tomatoes, sliced
- ¼ cup (40g) pitted kalamata olives, halved
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- baby (micro) basil leaves (optional), to serve
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F). Using an 11cm-round pastry cutter, cut 8 circles from the pastry. Using a 9cm-round cutter, gently score a border on each round. Place the rounds on 2 baking trays lined with non-stick baking paper.
- Place the ricotta, mozzarella, salt and pepper in a medium bowl and mix to combine. Spread each round with the ricotta mixture and top with the chorizo, tomato and olive.
- Brush the edges of each round with the egg and bake for 15 minutes or until golden. Sprinkle with the baby basil, if using, to serve. Makes 8.
+ Frozen butter puff pastry is available in the freezer aisle of supermarkets. Thaw frozen pastry in the fridge for 20 minutes – it will stay cold enough to handle.
There are no comments for this entry yet.